BROOMFIELD, Colo. – October 17, 2017 – Webroot, a leader in endpoint security, network security, and threat intelligence, announced its partnership with Centripetal Networks, the first company in the cybersecurity market to operationalize and automate threat intelligence at scale. By utilizing Webroot’s BrightCloud® IP Reputation Service, Centripetal Networks can dynamically update its real-time, correlated threat intelligence feed every few minutes to drastically reduce the time of threat detection and intelligence-powered prevention.
About the Partnership:
- Integration of Webroot BrightCloud IP Reputation Service allows Centripetal Networks customers to have the latest and most critical data to apply to their overall threat prevention strategy.
- By improving the efficacy of Centripetal Network’s CleanINTERNET intelligence-led service, Webroot BrightCloud IP enhances Centripetal’s ability to protect customers from malicious URLs, IPs, and files so that customers are able to dramatically reduce the time required to identify IP threats.
- Centripetal enhances customers’ ability to perform more comprehensive threat detection and blocking than any traditional network security solution. Centripetal’s CleanINTERNET service is built on its revolutionary threat intelligence gateway technology.
- Centripetal correlates the largest number of third-party threat intelligence service integrations within the broader cybersecurity market today.
About Webroot BrightCloud IP Reputation Service:
- Webroot BrightCloud IP Reputation Service helps network and security vendors augment their customers’ security by adding a dynamic IP reputation service to their defenses.
- It integrates with most existing security solutions, simplifying the offering of multiple services.
- The full database of malicious IPs is downloaded to the device with a recommended update every five minutes.
- Webroot provides partners with a continuously updated feed of known malicious IP addresses, broken down into 11 categories so IT security administrators can easily identify threats by type and protect their networks. These categories are: Windows Exploits, Web Attacks, Phishing, Botnets, Denial of Service, Scanners, TOR Proxies, Anonymous Proxies, Reputation, Spam Sources, and Mobile Threats.
- The BrightCloud IP Reputation service is powered by the Webroot BrightCloud Threat Intelligence Platform, which uses a big data architecture and highly advanced machine learning to provide the most comprehensive and accurate threat intelligence available today, including up-to-the-minute intelligence to identify emerging IP threats out of the billions of IPv4 addresses and active IPv6.
Hal Lonas, Chief Technology Officer, Webroot
“On any given day, more than 100,000 IPs are used to conduct malicious activity, making it extremely difficult for administrators to know which IPs to block. Further complicating matters, many publicly available IP block lists are static and outdated. Webroot BrightCloud IP Reputation Service tackles this issue head-on by utilizing up-to-the-minute IP intelligence capabilities, stopping IP threats before they can cause damage. We are excited to bring this service to Centripetal Network’s top-class threat intelligence platform, which has already proven to be an excellent service in protecting against cyber-attacks.”
Steven Rogers, Chief Executive Officer, Centripetal Networks
“With the evolution and scale of today’s cyber-attacks, security professionals simply cannot apply threat intelligence and take action at scale. They need a solution that can process millions of complex threat indicators in real time to ensure their businesses are protected. By partnering with Webroot, we can give our customers access to one of the largest sources of threat intelligence. This combination provides protection against 8 to 12 million malicious IPs at any given time.”
Centripetal and Webroot are partnering to deliver an informational webinar to demonstrate its integrated capabilities on November 7, 2017 at 2 p.m. EST. Register here.
- Click here for more on Centripetal Networks’ CleanINTERNET solution.
- Click here to see the latest Webroot Quarterly Threat Trends report
- Click here for more on Webroot BrightCloud IP Reputation Service.